Temporary anchorage devices (TADs), also known as orthodontic mini-implants, are small, screw-like devices made of medical-grade titanium. These devices are a revolutionary advancement in orthodontics, allowing you to achieve tooth movement that was once considered difficult or impossible.
Reasons for Using TADs
TADs serve as a stable anchor to facilitate precise tooth movement and are particularly beneficial in cases where conventional treatment options may be limited. Our orthodontist may recommend TADs for many different reasons, including:
- Closing gaps caused by missing teeth.
- Intruding or extruding teeth that are difficult to move with traditional braces.
- Supporting teeth movement in cases with inadequate anchorage, such as when molars need to be repositioned.
- Correcting severe bite issues, including open bites and deep overbites.
- Accelerating orthodontic treatment, reducing overall treatment time.
Benefits of TADs
TADs offer numerous advantages when you are undergoing orthodontic treatment, such as:
- Precision: TADs provide a reliable anchor, enabling more accurate and controlled tooth movement.
- Reduced treatment time: By offering an additional anchorage point, TADs can help expedite tooth movement and shorten the overall duration of orthodontic treatment.
- Minimal discomfort: This treatment is a minimally invasive procedure, often involving only local anesthesia and causing little to no discomfort.
- Versatility: TADs can be used in conjunction with traditional braces or clear aligners, enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of treatment.
If you have any questions about TADs in Orange Park, Florida, or would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Thomas Gardner, please call Gardner Orthodontics at 904-802-0767.